Friday, February 16, 2007

eBay investigations part 2...

So I've put the updated eBay feedback script here on my other blog Phill's Tech Stuff, and the first lot of results are in...

For the first 40 user ids that the script has given me data for, the %feedback and $feedback results have been close:
  • average %feedback = 98.94
  • average $feedback = 99.23
These initial results are actually contrary to my original thoughts that there would be people selling cheap items more honestly than expensive items! But we'll see what results we have when there is more data in. So far the user with the greatest difference between these variables has %feedback of 80 and $feedback of 86.55.

I've made this script up to generate a long list of user ids and I'm just going through them one by one. I'll update this once I have a significant number of them done, say around 1000, or if I find someone scamming that can prove my original hypothesis.

No comments: